I am tutoring the controller of China Foreign Affairs University, Zhou (27). He is a very nice guy and a great sense of humor. His English is pretty good but he just needs lots of practice. He came for lunch on Wednesday...an American lunch..I made vegetable soup, homemade rolls with egg salad, chocolate chip cookies, and chips with a coke. He just loved that! He invited your Dad and I to join Zhou and his girlfriend, Zhou, for dinner at a very famous old Beijing restaurant Friday night and they were very famous for their snake. We had already made a deal that I would be his English teach and when he found out your Dad loved golf...wow! he was jumping for joy so now he has his own golf pro. We laughed and laughed...he has a great sense of humor. He has been dating Zhou (same name) for two years and they will marry. Zhou II as we call her, works for a bank. We were greeted at the door by the Chinese guys. Notice the koki in the pond, the talking bird actually says "how are you?"... "Ni hao" in Chinese..Picture of Zhou and Zhou, famous old tables with a narrow bench, (these two ate her as children), see the fancy round tray of "snakes"..I said everything is snake? Yes, every thing is Chinese snake. Taste one he says, being polite, your Dad quickly pops one of the "all different kind of snake" in his mouth. As you can see they are in all different shapes, etc. Well, come to find out...these are famous Chinese SNACKS!! We we laughed and laughed. Everything on the table was absolutely delicious including the snake! The Chinese Snacks were actually fruits...so good. We had a delightful evening and I know that we will develop a good friendship. They both have cars and want to take us so many different places. Zhou wants to take Ryan golfing when he comes! They are both tennis players and Zhou II just works at the Chinese Open as a line judge. Oh, Zhou loves baseball and his favorite team...would you believe is the New York Yankees. We find the greatest people!


 |
| This is the famous "snake" better known as "snacks" |
 |
| What a great meal...we loved every bite! |
No comments:
Post a Comment