This was a trip to have some pants cut off a little shorter for the warm weather and get my hair cut at the remodeled shop. Such a contrast but just had to share a little bit of China. The area is across the street from the University.
 |
This lady and her husband have this little sew shop and bike
repair. The shop is about 6 x6...you can see the fan on the floor. |
 |
I had to wonder if I would ever see my pants again with the
piles of clothes. I picked the pants up this morning and they
were perfect! Isn't it amazing how people work. She charged
my 5 rmb...this about 83 cents. I gave her 10 rmb and probably
should have given her 100 rmb ($15). |
 |
This sweet gentleman sits here everyday to check
the people that come into this area. |
 |
This young man washed my hair before I had it cut.
What a wonderful head massage. Very fancy re-modeled salon.
We have been getting our hair cut her all year. Very
modern and clean now. No, they do not speak English. |
 |
I am taking this picture in the mirror to show you the guy
cutting my hair. The process takes about an hour because they
must cut each hair individually. After your hair is all cut and
dried and everything is trimmed just right, the hair wash guy
takes you back and washes your hair again so when you leave...no
hair to fall in your face. Their prices have really gone up since
the remodeling. It cost $38 rmb = $6.00 Very modern clean shop
right next to my sewing lady. Only men cut hair in China
because they told me the work is so difficult because they stand
on their feet over 12 hours a day. This salon stays
open until 11 p.m. every night, |
No comments:
Post a Comment