We visited the seashore in Busan where Il Soo visited as a young boy. Take a look at that small little cottage - what a view! Had to take a picture of that high rise apartment where people actually live on that razor edge looking over the ocean. We enjoyed "fish stew" at a very traditional Korean restaurant..it was delicious. The round hills are burial places of different kings of important people in the court. The large brick tower is an observatory in ancient times. One could climb inside and see the moon, stars, lined up against the mountains. Now I am sure I have this story all mixed up. Il Soo was such a good guide but I should have written everything down. We learned so much on our adventure. Il Soo is a wonderful story teller. We laughed and laughed at his experiences when he left home to attend BYU in the early 1960's. He obtained free passage on a Korean cargo ship leaving Seoul for San Francisco. He didn't speak very fluent English at the time of his arrival at BYU. You can well imagine the stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment